Thursday, May 24, 2012

And I'm off!

Tomorrow morning, I head to the airport.  Most of you reading this blog are already aware of my summer plans, but here is a quick catch up:

I'm heading to Rome tomorrow, where I will be living for 6 weeks.  I'm staying with an Italian family in a suburb of Rome known as Salario, somewhat near Villa Ada.



View Larger Map


And I am incredibly excited!  College has been simultaneously the best and worst time of my life, and I'm ready to step off of the emotional roller coaster for a few weeks.  I need to reboot, and I cannot think of a better place to do so than in Italy!

I'm going to be exploring the city, taking an art and music course, and traveling the Italian countryside.  My plan is to blog at least once a day--but internet is not reliable in Italy the way it is stateside, so some days I may post 4-5 days worth of material all at once.  But subscribe/check back for photos and stories of my summer!  And I promise that anything written in Italian will be translated.  I just want to practice!

For now, this concludes my introductory post.  Although, I must say that I am incredibly proud of my packing skills: six weeks worth of stuff has gone into one large suitcase, one carryon, and one backpack.

Paolo and I are ready to go!  After all,
what grown woman travels anywhere without her pillow pet?

2 comments: